Thanks BHJ

Author: LibraryGirl62 / Labels: ,

"If you’re overweight, and especially if you’re obese, I’ve got news for you. The wisdom of the serenity prayer in your case doesn’t point to acceptance. It screams for courage. The courage to change the things you can. If you’re a big huge fat person, looking in the mirror, struggling to inhabit a serene mind to accept yourself, you’re doing it wrong. You’re using more energy trying to dupe yourself into accepting yourself (because you know you don’t) than it would take to run a couple miles. You should be stoking the courage to change the things you can. Burn your book of self affirmations and go burn some fucking calories."
I have been thinking about OA off and on for a year now-and every day for the last week.  Sometimes all your worlds, including the Internet, point you in a direction you know you need to go, but you cannot seem to take that first step.  So I keep seeking affirmation, driving by its house , reading its blog, writing it comments on Facebook, following it on Twitter...but then panicking when it actually calls and I don't pick up the phone or listen to the voice-mail...ok, that was weird even for me!  But you know what I mean.  I can't sit here anymore, but where is my rock bottom?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment